Infinix Note 5 is the latest iteration of Infinix Mobile’s successful Infinix Note series, launched alongside its higher variant, the Infinix Note 5 Pro.
These succeed the Infinix Note 4 and Note 4 Pro which were launched in 2017.The Note 5 brings a couple of improvements to the Note series, especially in the design and software department. As you would expect if you’ve been following the smartphone design trend of recent, they come with an 18:9 aspect ratio.
The big battery is still in there, and camera has been stepped up a notch. As for the Infinix Note 5 Pro, you still get the lovely feeling of using a stylus pen on your device.
Perhaps the most fascinating thing about these Note 5 devices, at least to those who cherish timely software upgrades, is that they run on the Android One program. This means that they aren’t bundled with Infinix’s XOS and the bloatware associated with it, and you’re sure to receive the latest Android security patches and OS upgrades for at least the next two years.
These and many more are what this year’s Infinix Note lineup brings to the table. Here is a summary of the specifications of the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Pro, and if you’re still interested (as I would expect you to), scroll down a little lower for more details.
Infinix Note 5 / Note 5 Pro Specs (Key) :
- Display: 6 inches (1,080 * 2,160 pixel resolution, ~402 PPI pixel density, ~79% screen-to-body ratio).
- Software: Android 8.1 Oreo (Android One).
- Processor: Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 (MT6763T) chipset @2.0Ghz
- Memory: 3GB / 4GB (Note 5 Pro) RAM, 32GB / 64GB (Note 5 Pro) ROM.
- Camera: Front — 16MP | Rear — 12MP / 12MP + 5MP Dual Cameras (Note 5 Pro).
- Battery: 4,500mAh with 3A fast charging.
Design & Display :
As mentioned earlier, the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Pro come with an 18:9 aspect ratio, making the 6-inch display more comfortable to operate in one hand. The side bezels are greatly reduced, and even the top and bottom bezels are considerably slimmer. These, coupled with the polycarbonate plastic back which has been so exquisitely designed that it looks like glass from a distance, add to the aesthetics of the device.
The display has a Full HD+ pixel resolution, and a pixel density of 402ppi means the display outputs clear pictures and text. The smartphone’s USB port, speaker grill and 3.5mm earphone jack are located on its bottom, while the SIM card tray is now present on its right side together with the volume rockers and power button.
Memory & Performance :
The Infinix Note 5 is powered by an octa-core 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P23 (MT6763T) processor under the hood, and a Mali-G71 processor that runs at a speed of 770MHz powers its graphics.
Like the Note 4 and Note 4 Pro, the standard Note 5 comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, while the Note 5 Pro comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. Both can take an external microSD card with a size of up to 128GB for further storage expansion.
Both the Note 5 and Note 5 Pro sport a 16MP camera upfront, sure to delight selfie lovers with features like Artificial Intelligence (AI) auto-scene detection for better selfie pictures. There’s also a LED flash on the front to brighten up your photos.
The Infinix Note 5 comes with a 12MP camera on the rear, while the Note 5 Pro is expected to come with dual 12MP + 5MP cameras. Both also have auto-scene detection together with some other AI features, and there’s a dual LED flash setup to keep things bright.
Battery & Connectivity :
The battery capacity in the Note 5 series has been bumped to 4,500mAh from the 4,300mAh present in the preceding lineup. These also come with 3A fast charging, and I’m waiting to see if the Note 5 smartphones would have a shorter charging time than the Note 4/Pro which charge fast enough already.
In terms of connectivity, the Note 5 comes with a dual Nano SIM slot and , support for 4G LTE connectivity and should work with most 4G providers in Nigeria .
Infinix has decided to get rid of its custom UI skin for its Android smartphones, XOS and has gone with the Android One program on the Note 5 and Note 5 Pro. Hence, you’re getting stock Android with the promise of timely security updates and software upgrades to the latest version of Android. If you like custom skins, you might not be too happy with this, but hey! who doesn’t like timely software updates?!
Infinix Note 5 Price and Availability in Nigeria
The Infinix Note 5 is currently available in Nigeria for around N62,000, while the Note 5 Pro with a stylus pen would be released at a later date.
Infinix Note 5 Full Specifications
- Announced: June 24, 2018.
- Available: Yes.
- SIM: Dual Nano-SIM slot.
- Platform: Android Operating System (Android 8.1 Oreo) with Android One.
- Price Range: N62,000.
- Fingerprint: Yes, rear-mounted.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.
- 4G Bands: Yes, LTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA, LTE.
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6 inches FullView display.
- Resolution: 1,080 * 2,160 pixels (Full HD+).
- Protection: n/a.
- Features: 18:9 aspect ratio.
- Dimensions: 158 * 75 * 8.4 mm.
- Weight: 173g.
- Colours: Blue, Black & Grey.
- Chipset: 64-bit MediaTek Helio P23 (MT6763T) processor.
- Processor Speed: 2.0GHz.
- CPU: Octa-core Cortex A53.
- GPU: 770MHz ARM Mali-G71.
- WLAN: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0 with OTG Reverse Charging.
- NFC: No.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Infinix Note 5 – 3GB.
- Infinix Note 5 Pro – 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- Infinix Note 5 – 32GB.
- Infinix Note 5 Pro – 64GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 128GB via microSD.
- Rear Camera:
- Infinix Note 5 – 12MP.
- Infinix Note 5 Pro – 12MP + 5MP Dual Cameras.
- Rear Flash: Yes, dual-tone LED Flash.
- f/2.0 aperture.
- 1.25μm pixel size.
- Artificial Intelligence.
- Front Camera: 16MP.
- Front Flash: Yes.
- Features: n/a.
- Capacity: 4,500mAh.
- Type: Li-Po battery
- Features: n/a.
- Fast Charging: Yes, 3A.
- Standby Time: Up to 528 hours on 3G.
- Talk time: Up to 50 hours on 3G.
- Music Playback:
What do you think about this phone ? Let us know in the commengs section!