HTC One X10 is a 2017 addition to its Taiwanese maker’s One X line-up of mid-range smartphones.
Its main selling points include a colossal battery, premium design, powerful cameras and solid hardware. The HTC One X10 is a successor to the HTC One X9.
HTC One X10 Key Specs & Features
- 5.5-inch Super LCD Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels 401ppi)
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10 CPU with 3GB RAM
- Android, HTC Sense
- 32GB Storage with support for memory card up to 256GB
- 16MP Rear Camera and 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE (up to 300Mbps)
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear)
- 4000 mAh Battery with Fast Charging
Design and Display
You are likely to notice a blend of old and new HTC phone designs in this mid-ranger. The front of the HTC One X10 looks somewhat like an HTC 10 without the fingerprint scanner. The chassis is made of metal and comes in at a thickness of about 8.2 millimetres.
You get a grand 5.5-inch diagonal Full HD display for viewing content. Images should come out superbly with a pixel density of 401 ppi. The S-LCD touchscreen enjoys protection of scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass.
The HTC One X10 phablet looks ready to take some serious shots. The primary camera boasts a resolution of 16 megapixels, dual-LED flash, f/2.0 aperture and 26mm focal length.
Features list include phase detection autofocus, back-illuminated (BSI) sensor and raw image capture. This shooter can capture Full HD (1080p) videos at 30 frames per second.
You can even take still images in-between recording. For selfies, the HTC One X10 offers a wide-angle 8-megapixel camera so you can get more people in your shots.
Hardware and Software
The HTC One X10 looks ready to deliver satisfactory performance with an eight-core processor under the hood. The MediaTek Helio P10 SoC delivers speeds of up to 2 GHz. It receives support from respectable 3GB RAM and a Mali-T860 MP2 GPU.
Built-in storage is 32 GB – you can expand this further using a microSD card. The HTC One X10 runs on Sense UI, but the version of Android is not yet clear.
Other Specs and Features
A key selling point of the HTC One X10 is its humongous 4000mAh battery rated to give more than 25 hours of talk time. It comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor for added protection.
This is a dual-SIM dual-standby smartphone. Both SIM slots support super-fast 4G LTE connectivity. HTC One X10 offers a wide variety of connectivity options including dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2.
HTC One X10 support LTE on Go Mobile, Etisalat, Ntel, MTN, Smile, and InterC in Nigeria.
Pricing and availability
HTC One X10 is not yet officially available in Nigeria. It launched in Russia at an equivalent price of $355. We currently have no data on pricing and availability for Nigeria. When available, HTC One X10 Price in Nigeria is expected to range from 135,000 Naira to 185,000 Naira at launch.
HTC One X10 Specs
- Platform: Androi, HTC Sense
- Processor: Octa-core Processor: 1.8GHz quad-core & 1.0GHz quad-core (Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10)
- GPU: Mali-T860MP2
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Silver, Black
- Dimension: 152.9 x 75.6 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 175 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM or Single SIM
- Display: 5.5-inch Super LCD Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (401ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass ?
- Rear Camera: 16 MP Camera, 1080p HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: dual-LED Flash, HDR, Autofocus, Geo-tagging, Face Detection, Panorama
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, 1080p HD Video
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB Storage (requires SIM2 slot for dual-SIM models and a dedicated slot for single SIM models)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes, up to 48kbps
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, up to 21Mbps
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 300Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2 with A2DP
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, micro USB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: IMAP4, POP3, SMTP
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes (Stereo)
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No (download at store)
- Battery: 4000 mAh Battery (non-removable)
- Talktime: up to 25 hours 30 minutes
- Standby Time: up to 744 hours
- Fast Charging: Yes (Quick Charge 3.0)
What are your thoughts about this phone?
Let us know in the comments