The HTC One M9 boasts an elegant design and features that look set to rival other flagship devices such as iPhone 6 and the latest Galaxy S6.
Just like the Galaxy S6, the HTC One M9 flaunts an all-metal body. The aluminium unibody design is complemented by rounded corners. The device’s screen is bordered at the top and bottom by HTC’s beastly BoomSound speakers.
The power button has shifted from the top of the flagship smartphone to the side. The HTC One M9 is a bit shorter, but slightly thicker than the One M8, coming in at a dimension of 144.6 x 69.7 x 9.61 millimetres.
Display and Camera
HTc Ome M9 is fitted with a 5-inch, 1080p LCD screen. But the display appears a bit brighter than the unit used on the One M8.
Thankfully, HTC decided to do away with its UltraPixel main camera, replacing the snapper with an impressive and more conventional 20 megapixels camera with F2.2 aperture and 4K video recording capability. A 4 megapixels camera now sits on the front of the HTC One M9.
HTC One M9 is equipped with a 64-bit, octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, comprising a 2.0GHz quad-core chip and another 1.5GHzquad-core chip. This processor ensures you can expect a fast and highly responsive device, backed by 3GB RAM.
The One M9 uses HTC’s latest Sense 7 software on top of Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS. Power juice is supplied by an upgraded 2840mAh battery.
The HTC One M9 also boasts a variety of other great features. Notable among these is the location-sensitive home screen feature, which determines the apps to display based on your location – whether at home, work or entertainment spot.
The smartphone comes with 32GB internal storage space (21GB available to user). The internal storage can be expanded by up to 128GB using a microSD card. HTC One M9 supports Bluetooth 4.1 and Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac.
Pricing & Availability
You can buy the gorgeous smartphone at leading online stores in the country. HTC One M9 Price in Nigeria ranges from N140,000 to N180,000 at launch.
HTC One M9 Specs
Here are a few specs of the HTC One M9:
- Platform: Android 5.0 (Lollipop), HTC Sense 7.0 UI
- Processor: 2.0GHz quad-core & 1.5GHz quad-core Processors (64-bit Snapdragon 810)
- GPU: Adreno 430
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Colours: Gunmetal Gray, Amber Gold, Silver/Rose gold, Gold/Pink
- Dimension: 144.6 x 69.7 x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 157 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM
- Display: 5.0-inch Super LCD3 Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (441ppi)
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear Camera: 20.7 MP Camera, 2160p ultra HD (4k), 1080p HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: dual-LED Flash, Autofocus, HDR, Geo-tagging, Face Detection, Panorama
- Front Camera: 4 MP Camera, HDR, 1080p HD Video Conferencing
- Built-in Storage: 32GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: up to 128GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: 100GB free Google Drive
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes (LTE model)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, up to 21Mbps
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 300 Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0, USB Host
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: IMAP4, POP3, SMTP
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Dual front-facing stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Temperature Sensor: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No (download at store)
- Battery: 2840 mAh Li-Po Battery (non-removable)
- Standby Time: up to 402 hours
- Talktime: up to 21.833 hours
- Fast Charging: Yes, Charge to 60% in 30 minutes (Quick Charge 2.0)
What do you like or dislike about this phone?
Let us know in the comments!