The Xbox One X features more power, more compact design and improved 4k gaming support over the Xbox One S. XBox One X comes with an Ultra-HD Blu Ray player with support for 4K HDR media content and HDR 10.
XBox One X Quick Specs & Features
- 2.3GHz 8-core x86 64-bit AMD Jaguar Processor
- 6 TFLOPS, 326GB/s GPU
- 4K HDR Video Support
- True 4K Gaming
- 12GB GDDR5 RAM
- 8GB SDD + 1TB HDD Storage
- 1 XBox Wireless Controller Included
- Dual-band Wi-Fi
The Xbox X is a smaller version of the Xbox One. It has an entirely matte black case and is slimmer than the Xbox One. However, it is heavier. Two pounds heavier. Who cares about the weight? It’s not like I’ll be carrying it about anyway. The increase in weight is not surprising considering the serious hardware it packs under the hood.
The Xbox X features the following ports: a power connector, HDMI out, HDMI in, two USB ports, an IR out, an Optical Audio port and an Ethernet port.
The XBox One X offers an impressive build with a more compact design compared to the XBox One S and the original XBox One. Microsoft is yet to release details, but the console will be thinner and cover a smaller volume compared to earlier models.
The XBox One X may be available in multiple colours, but for now, only the black model has been revealed by Microsoft. You also get three USB 3.0 ports, two HDMI ports (HDMI 2.0b out and HDMI 1.4b in), dual-band Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0. XBox One X also has an Ethernet, S/PDIF audio, and an IR blaster.
XBox One X also has a built-in power supply like the One S but has added a more advanced cooling system to ensure optimum performance.
It features an 8-core CPU clocking at 2.3Ghz, it has 12GB of GDDR5 RAM, a 1 terabyte hard drive and an upgraded AMD Polaris GPU with 6 teraflops of computing power. Microsoft’s console is presently the fastest console. That additional horsepower means the Xbox One X can run more games in full native 4K than the Sony’s console. Why? The latest instalment from Sony has a computing power of ‘just’ 4.2 teraflops
As with the Sony PlayStation 4 Pro, to fully enjoy the 4k experience, the developers have to upgrade the gaming titles.
However, I can tell you that the Xbox One X handles games as perfectly as was advertised. The games look great. Even on a 1080p TV. This is because the game renders in 4k no matter the screen it is being played on (Supersampling). Thus, objects are shown with 4 times the details. Leaves, fog, foliage look sharper.
If you upgrade to a 4k TV, you will be blown, and I mean simply blown away! This is where the Xbox One X struts its stuff. Here is where its full power is unleashed in all its glory. Colours drip from the screen. You might even pause mid-game simply to admire the richness before your eyes.
Pricing and Availability
You can buy the gaming console at leading online stores in your country. XBox One X price in Nigeria is expected from 190,000 Naira to 390,000 Naira.
Microsoft XBox One X Specs
- Platform: XBox
- Processor: 2.3GHz 8-core x86 64-bit Processor (AMD Jaguar)
- GPU: 6 TFLOPS, 326GB/s AMD Radeon Graphics
- Memory: 12GB GDDR5 RAM
- Colours: Black
- Dimension: –
- Weight: –
- Built-in Storage: 8GB SDD + 1TB HDD
- Optical Storage: Yes, ultra HD (4K) Blu-Ray Player
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Camera: No, but you can Buy Kinect separately
- USB Port: Yes, 3 USB 3.1 ports
- HDMI Port: Yes, 2 HDMI ports (supports 4K HDR) [HDMI 2.0b out & HDMI 1.4b in]
- Ethernet (RJ-45): Yes, 1 port
- IR Blaster: Yes
- Headphone Jack: No (3.5mm audio port on the Controller)
- VGA: No
- Digital Output (Optical): No
- Microphone: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 4.0
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Audio: Yes, Dolby Digital 5.1, TrueHD with Atmos, 3D Spatial Audio,
- Voltage: 110 – 220V
- Frequency: 50Hz / 60Hz
- Power Consumption: –
- Name: XBox Wireless Controller
- Available in the Box: Yes, 1 XBox Wireless Controller (Buy additional controllers separately)
- Motion Sensors: –
- Features: D-Pad, Precision Controls, Trigger buttons, Menu and View buttons, 3.5mm Audio Jack
Motion Tracking Device
- Name: Kinect for XBox
- Available in the Box: No (Buy Separately), may come with console in a special bundle
- Gesture/Motion Tracking: Yes, Gesture Tracking
- Camera: Yes, one 1080p HD Camera
- Voice Command: Yes
- Face Recognition: Yes
- More Features: Hand-free Navigation, connect with Skype for 1080p HD Video and Voice chat, broadcast game on Twitch, Cortana
The Xbox One X is indeed a powerful console. With great gaming power, 4k rendering, it is a console that will last well into the future. It, however, depends on the developer support and the kind of screen you play it on. Lack of VR might be a drawback for those who must have VR.
In all, it is the most powerful (and expensive) console you can buy right now and with its specs has plenty potential. What are your thoughts about this console? Let us know in the comments section!