MTN offers great ways to cost costs and save money with their tariff plans. In this article, we will take a look at all the present offerings from MTN with regards to their tariff and call plans.
As at the time of writing this article, some of the present tariff plans offered by MTN are:
- Welcome Back Offer
Let us take a look at each of these call plans.
This plan is for customers that want more airtime and less data, or more data and less airtime.
With this in mind, the plan is in two categories
- XtraTalk Bundles – Offers more airtime for Voice calls than the Data volume
- XtraData Bundles – Offers more volume of Data than airtime for voice calls
|N300||N975 + 50MB||N372 + 150MB||XtraTalk – SMS V300 to 131
XtraData – SMS D300 to 131
|N500||N1920 + 100MB||N624 + 300MB||XtraTalk – SMS V500 to 131
XtraData – SMS D500 to 131
|N1000||N3875 + 312.50MB||N1275 + 750MB|| XtraTalk – SMS V1000 to 131
XtraData – SMS D1000 to 131
|N2000||N9750 + 625MB||N2560 + 2GB|| XtraTalk – SMS V2000 to 131
XtraData – SMS D2000 to 131
|N5000||N24,500 + 1.67GB||N6500 + 5GB||XtraTalk – SMS V5000 to 131
XtraData – SMS D5000 to 131
|N10,000||N30,000 + 3GB||N12,000 + 8GB||XtraTalk – SMS V10000 to 131
XtraData – SMS D10000 to 131
|N15,000||N50,000 + 4GB||N18,850 + 13GB||XtraTalk – SMS V15000 to 131
XtraData – SMS D15000 to 131
|N20,000||N70,000 + 5GB||N25,700 + 20GB||XtraTalk – SMS V20000 to 131
XtraData – SMS D20000 to 131
A special reason why I like this plan is that you can buy other bundles while on one, i.e, if you are on N300 XtraTalk bundle, you can still buy the N15,000 bundle at the same time.
How can you migrate to this plan?
Once you subscribe to any of the bundles above, you have automatically migrated to the XtraValue plan.
- To subscribe to a bundle plan, dial *131*2# and select the preferred bundle type.
- You will be able to purchase multiple bundles while on the plan.
- You will be able to check your XtraValue Bundle balance by dialing *556# or *559*61#.
This offer rewards customers with 200% airtime bonus on every recharge below N100 and 300% airtime bonus on every recharge from N100 above.
To enjoy this offer, recharge using a special code, *888*PIN# or via VTU instead of the normal *555*PIN#
The following are benefits from this offer:
- Calls to ALL Networks in Nigeria
- SMS to ALL Networks in Nigeria
- International call to 18 (eighteen) destinations
- PAYG data browsing
- SMS capped at 75 SMS weekly
|Recharge Band (N)||Face Value + Bonus in Awuf4U Account||Awuf4U Account Validity|
|N1 – N99||Recharge value +200% airtime bonus||14 Days|
|N100 – N200||Recharge value +300% airtime bonus||14 Days|
|N201 and above||Recharge value +300% airtime bonus||30 Days|
This plan is one of the more popular plans that MTN has. The affordable data rates of this plan is one of the causes of its’ popularity, also it is the most advertised plan by MTN.
What are the benefits?
The call rate for this plan is just 11k/s , but note that this rate only applies once you have spent at least N11 on calls in a day. The first calls you make each day are charged at 222k/s until your accumulated spendings reach N11. Thereafter, you enjoy the 11k/s rate.
To migrate to this plan dial the code *406*1# or send 406 to 131.
YafunYafun Sim Offer
It is a plan for ‘starters’ or new customers. It is a special tariff plan that allows New MTN customers enjoy the following benefits after registering and activating a new SIM:
- 700% bonus on EVERY recharge of N100 and above.
- Plus free access to WhatsApp weekly
How do you get your 700% bonus?
- Simply recharge from N100 and above airtime value by dialing *555*digits PIN#
- You will be able to use the airtime bonus to make calls and send SMS to ALL Local Networks in Nigeria. You will be able to browse the internet on Pay As You GO rate with the airtime bonus.
- The airtime bonus is valid for 7 days.
- You will receive the 700% bonus on ALL your recharges for a period of 3 months.
- After 3 months you will stop receiving the bonus on your recharges and the system will automatically migrate you to MTN BetaTalk tariff plan.
- To check your 700% bonus balance, simply dial *559*43#.
This plan is for those whose primary concern is “talk”. On every recharge of N100 and above, customers are rewarded with 250% bonus airtime to call ALL networks. So when you recharge, you have a bonus account and your main account.
Deductions will not be made from the main account as long as the bonus still exists in the bonus account.
The call rate of this plan
- National calls will be charged at the rate of N25.20/minute (42k/sec) from the customer’s main account and N27/minute (45k/sec) from the bonus account.
- All National calls, SMS, and Data will be charged from the customer’s main account as soon as the bonus airtime is exhausted or expires.
Welcome Back Offer
The welcome back offer is open only to customers that re-activate their lines after it has been unused for 45-180 days.
Once the line is re-activated, the first recharge of every month, for the next three months is rewarded with a humongous 2000% bonus!
This bonus can be used for voice, SMS and pay-as-you go data. 500% of the bonus will be used for Voice calls & SMS to all networks in Nigeria and the 1500% will be used for Data.
Did we miss any plans and is there one you especially recommend? Feel free to tell us in the comment section.